DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Your personal data – what is it? Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we? The WRH CEO is the Data Controller (contact details below). This means he controls how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data? West Runton Holidays complies with its obligations under GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data volunteered to West Runton Holidays for the following purposes: -
• To manage applications sent in by parents and guardians for young people wishing to attend West Runton Holidays;
• To manage applications by adults who are volunteers in the leadership and organisation of West Runton Holidays.
• To provide data on Adult Volunteers to Scripture Union which will be used for checking under the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) administered for West Runton Holidays by Scripture Union *;
• To share information with Scripture Union for the purposes of optionally receiving Scripture Union information;
• Sending of Minutes of Meeting and Prayer Requests to adult supporters of West Runton Holidays
• To maintain our own accounts and records;
• Processing of gift aid applications for adult volunteers by Runton Dolphin Trust;
• To maintain a historic record of names and addresses only of previous West Runton Holidays for the purposes of responding to authorised external agencies regarding a Child or Adult Safeguarding issue. During the course of West Runton Holidays we may take photographs and or videos of the various activities. Attendance at the holiday signifies agreement that these may appear in future publicity or other materials produced by West Runton Holidays, The Runton Dolphin Trust or Scripture Union and to whom express permission to use the videos / photographs has been granted. Under no circumstance will any picture be directly identified with the individual.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Receipt of completed application forms for young people wishing to attend West Runton Holidays.
• Receipt of completed application forms for adult volunteers wishing to attend West Runton Holidays.
• Explicit consent of the data subject so they can keep you informed about news, events, and activities of West Runton Holidays and or Scripture Union.
• Signed gift aid forms so that The Runton Dolphin Trust can process your gift aid donations
• Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided: - the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other leaders of West Runton Holidays in order to carry out a service by other volunteers or leaders for purposes connected West Runton Holidays. We will share data of Adult volunteers connected to West Runton Holidays with Scripture Union relating to DBS applications, and Runton Dolphin Trust for Gift Aid processing. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the West Runton Holidays or Scripture Union with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data? We retain data for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate, relating to:- • Young people’s applications made by Parents / Guardians • Adult volunteers’ applications • Adult supporters • Gift Aid applications and associated paperwork • DBS applications and associated paperwork We retain historic records of names and addresses and tent allocations indefinitely for Child and Adult Safeguarding.
7. Your rights and your personal data Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: - • The right to request a copy of your personal data which West Runton Holidays holds about you • The right to request that West Runton Holidays corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date; • The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the West Runton Holidays to retain such data; • The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time; • The right to request that the Data Controller provides the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability • The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing; • The right to object to the processing of personal data; • The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then West Runton Holidays will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the West Runton Holidays CEO at email@example.com You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
* West Runton Holidays is, a company limited by guarantee and registered in England & Wales, company number 07104921 , charity number 1135213, Registered address: 71 Bagley Close, Kennington, Oxford OX1 5LT. 1 st May 2018